Before you book your vaccination appointment, please read the following information to make sure it is safe. If you answer yes to any, you may still be able to get your vaccination but you should speak to the vaccination team when you arrive at the centre.
- Are you allergic to any of the ingredients of the vaccine. You can find the ingredients list here?
- Have you ever had a severe allergic reaction or breathing problems after any other medicine or vaccine in the past, or a severe allergic reaction that could not be explained?
- Do you have a severe illness with a high fever?
- Do you have a problem with bleeding or bruising?
- Are you are taking a blood thinning medication (anticoagulant)?
- Do you have a weakened immune system?
- Are you on a medicine that affects your immune system such as high-dose corticosteroids, immunosuppressants or cancer medicines?
- Are you, or could you be, pregnant?
- Have you had any vaccine in the past 7 days? Please do not book an appointment until at least 7 days has passed since your other vaccine.
If you are not sure how to answer any of the above, please speak with the vaccination team when you arrive at the vaccination centre.
Please note: signs of an allergic reaction may include itchy skin rash, shortness of breath and swelling of the face or tongue. Contact your doctor or healthcare professional immediately or go to the nearest hospital emergency room right away if you have an allergic reaction. It can be life-threatening.