Carers (currently aged 18 or older by 31st March 2021) of an older person or someone with underlying health conditions, are now eligible to book their COVID-19 vaccination appointments at one of Northern Ireland’s seven regional vaccination centres. No proof of caring duties are required.
This is in addition to those who are also currently eligible to book Covid-19 vaccine appointments are:
- those aged 70 or older
- those aged 65-69 at 31st March 2021
- those who are clinically extremely vulnerable aged 16 or over at 31st March 2021 and have a shielding letter
If you have been invited for vaccination by your GP or Hospital, you do not need to book an appointment on the website.
You can book your appointment here.
Please do not book an appointment if you are not within these eligible categories. Proof of your eligibility will be checked at the vaccination centre and you will be refused entry if you are not in an eligible group.
You will receive a text/email message to confirm the time and date of your appointments.
When you arrive at the vaccination centre, you will be asked to show:
- Proof of identity with a photograph (e.g. passport, bus pass, driving license, etc.)
- You will be asked to show photo ID, and proof of your eligibility e.g. your shielding letter; when you arrive at the vaccination centre. If you are not in the eligible group, you will not be given your vaccination.
- Proof of your date of birth (e.g. birth certificate, passport, driving license, etc.)
Vaccination appointments will be extended to other groups in due course, in line with JVCI priorities.
Please do not contact your GP, and wait to be contacted by text, phone, or letter.
Even if you have received a vaccination, you must continue to observe social distancing guidelines and self-isolate if you come in contact with Covid-19. The vaccine is effective in fighting the virus, but does not eliminate your risk of infection or potential transmission.
The seven regional vaccination clinics are located at:
- Northern Health & Social Care Trust:
Seven Towers Leisure Centre, 74 Trostan Avenue, Ballymena, BT43 7BL
- South Eastern Health & Social Trust:
Ulster Hospital, Acute Services Block, Upper Newtownards Road, Dundonald, BT16 1RH
- Southern Health & Social Care Trust:
South Lakes Leisure Centre, 66 Lakeview Road, Craigavon, BT64 1AL
- Western Health & Social Care Trust:
Foyle Arena, Londonderry
Omagh Leisure Centre, Omagh
Lakeside Leisure Centre, Enniskillen
- Belfast Health & Social Care Trust:
Royal Victoria Hospital, Grosvenor Rd, Belfast BT12 6BA
Dial a Lift
The Dial-a-Lift service is available for vulnerable people in rural areas to access their nearest Covid-19 vaccination centre. Further information about obtaining transport can be found here.
The vaccination will consist of 2 injections, given several weeks apart. Your second appointment will be scheduled automatically when you book your first date, you do not have to book a second appointment.
You are asked to attend your vaccination appointment alone. You should not bring anyone with you unless you need assistance.
A booking cancellation will be available to users who provide a mobile phone number when making their booking. You can now cancel your appointment on line. The call team in Ni direct cannot cancel for you, but they can contact the vaccination centre that you have your appointment to cancel or change your appointment if need be.
Please cancel your appointment if you develop any symptoms of COVID-19 infection. Click here to cancel your appointment.
For more vaccine information, please see the link below: