Vaccination at Community Pharmacy
Who are Community Pharmacy vaccinating?
To be vaccinated at Community Pharmacy, you must be registered with a GP in Northern Ireland and in an eligible cohort as defined by the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
- those aged over 40 at 31st March 2021
- health and social care workers (aged 18 or over at 31st March 2021)
- clinically extremely vulnerable individuals (aged 18 years or over at 31st March 2021, must have shielding letter)
Those aged 18 to 29 years who are yet to receive any vaccine are not eligible for vaccination through community pharmacy unless they are in the CEV category above.
For more information on eligibility please visit HSC Public Health Agency
If you book with a community pharmacy but are not eligible your appointment will be cancelled
Do I need to bring anything with me for vaccination?
- You must bring your photo ID (to include proof of your age)g. Driving License or Passport.
- If you are in the clinically extremely vulnerable group (and aged 18 or over) you must bring photographic ID and your shielding letter. If you do not have this you will not be able to receive your vaccination.
- If you are a Health and Social Care Worker (and aged 18 or over), you will require photographic ID (showing your date of birth) and proof of employment, such as employer photo identification badge, payslip, letter from employer on official letterhead plus photographic proof of identification, etc.
If you do not have the required proof of eligibility, the pharmacist will not be able to vaccinate you.
Where and how do I get vaccinated via community pharmacy?
If you are eligible, you can use the map below to find participating pharmacies.
Pharmacy Covid Vaccinations Map
- Click on the map and search for a pharmacy close to or most convenient for you
- Click on pharmacy name
- Then either click on the weblink to the pharmacy’s online booking system or phone the pharmacy to make an appointment for your COVID-19 vaccination.
**Please note booking systems on the map belong to the individual pharmacies and not Health and Social Care – for issues or queries in relation to booking please contact the pharmacy **