When you start travelling abroad again, you can use this app to show that you have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
Downloading and using the app is voluntary and you must read the Terms and Conditions before use.
How does the app work?
- To view your COVID certificates you will first need to apply for a certificate using nidirect. If you have not already done this the app will direct you to apply.
- If you have applied for your COVID certificate, the app will ask you to log-in to your nidirect account. You may be asked for additional proof of identity.
- The app will then automatically retrieve your certificate from HSC NI once logged in.
- When your COVID certificate is valid, it will be green and you will be able to view your certificate as a QR code.
- Your data is secure – the app does not share information about your vaccination.
- When you travel, the QR code will be scanned to ensure that your COVID certificate is valid.
- The certificate page has a holographic HSC logo which adds an extra layer of security.
- The app will not register any additional information about you, and is based solely on data that is already registered by nidirect and HSC NI.
The functionality of the app will be developed over the coming months.
COVIDCert NI has been developed by Health & Social Care NI, Department of Health NI and Digital Transformation Services.
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Notice (Easy Read)