When you start travelling abroad again, you can use this app to show that you have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
Downloading and using the app is voluntary and you must read the Terms and Conditions before use.
How does the app work?
- To view your COVID certificates you will first need to apply for a certificate using nidirect. If you have not already done this the app will direct you to apply.
- If you have applied for your COVID certificate, the app will ask you to log-in to your nidirect account. You may be asked for additional proof of identity.
- The app will then automatically retrieve your certificate from HSC NI once logged in.
- When your COVID certificate is valid, it will be green and you will be able to view your certificate as a QR code.
- Your data is secure – the app does not share information about your vaccination.
- When you travel, the QR code will be scanned to ensure that your COVID certificate is valid.
- The certificate page has a holographic HSC logo which adds an extra layer of security.
- The app will not register any additional information about you, and is based solely on data that is already registered by nidirect and HSC NI.
- For FAQs on the Domestic Certificate click here.
The functionality of the app will be developed over the coming months.
COVIDCert NI has been developed by Health & Social Care NI, Department of Health NI and Digital Transformation Services.
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Notice (Easy Read)
Data Protection Impact Assessment