If you develop COVID-19 symptoms you should self isolate for 10 days from the day your symptoms started. If you live with other people your household should self-isolate for 14 days.
You should also book a test as soon as possible.
There are a number of ways a person with symptoms of the virus can get tested in Northern Ireland. These are:
- book a drive-through test online at https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
- order a postal self-test kit online at https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
- calling the free phone number 119
- You do not need to go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital if your symptoms are manageable.
- If you feel you cannot cope, your condition gets worse, or your symptoms do not get better after 10 days you should call either 111 or your local GP or GP out-of-hours.
- Self-isolate for 10 days minimum from when your symptoms started
- Your household needs to self-isolate for 14 days and monitor their own health
You should now book a test https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test